Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday March 8, 2011 Magpie Tales #56



Magpie Tales #56

While You Were Out
Snuggled in dried
Brown wrapper
Tight fit
Same as I
Wonder who I am
Was I really here before

I've returned from
Short stay away
Don't recognize anything
Did I leave as I was sleeping
Where is the marker
Was there something on my mind

Review the tape
Try to remember
Seek the end of
The red thread
Attached to all I know
Just as I reach for it
It slips away

If not found today
I will look for it
Again tomorrow

12 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Lovely. I like the lines:

I will look for it
Again tomorrow

That speaks to me.

Ruth said...

A creative creation!

I like your site too, very, very nice and "clean." So appealing. Thanks for worrying about the Rumi goat. I've heard she is just fine.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love this, Annell.......trying to pick up the threads.......glad you are back!

Unknown said...

This offered two scenarios: Literal absence and reincarnation...

hedgewitch said...

I found this just fascinating, Annell. A very original, well=written and as others have said, creative approach to the chambered garlic, both the division and yet the sense of each having a place somewhere in the bulb that's been lost.

gautami tripathy said...

I really like how we all take different paths for the same picture!

viscous time

Other Mary said...

Oh, lovely. It gets better with every reading. Love the red thread. And, thanks for stopping by my blog too!

Jingle said...

hope is the hook.

well done magpie.

Tess Kincaid said...

Seek the end of the red thread. I love that.

Tumblewords: said...

Intriguing! Love the red thread reference.

Trellissimo said...

Lesson on how to pick up where you left off needed, perhaps? LOL

Lucy Westenra said...

I'm sure you'll find the end of that elusive red thread and then everything will begin to look better.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...