Friday, November 4, 2011

November 4, 2011 Still Life #20


Still Life #20 30"x30" gouache on paper

This is the latest composition, in the Still Life Series. I am happy with the exploration of the still life, so far. My goal was to create distinctive paintings based on still life. Yesterday, I set a goal for myself to do ten larger works. The art supply store in town has closed,( after all there is no need for art supply in Taos, New Mexico.) So I placed the order and it will arrive sometime next week. I am always excited to see what I will do.

The scale of a work is important. It has to be big enough to hold it's own, to state it's presence. I hope the new works will be what I want.

3 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow, cool goal - am excited , too, to see what you will create! What a great project!

Mary said...

Annell, I am excited to see what you will do too. You are an artist's artist, should be teaching....

SandyCarlson said...

This series is so beautiful. I would love to see it in person. Thanks for these posts.

And thanks for your kind words re the dog we found. He is back with his owners, but he took our hearts with him. May he run back to us soon....

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...