Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Imaginary Garden with Read Toads: Open Link Monday/ Where Are You

Where Are You
Lonely echo is blue
The world is blue
At its edges
And in its depths
Blue is the distance
I am from you

When I think of you
I think of blue
The color of emotions
The color of love
That fills atmosphere
And colors the distance

The color blue
Beauty of the world
Blue at the horizon
Blue of the land
Dissolving into the sky
The light that gets lost
In the distance

Blue of distant horizons
Remote mountain ranges
Anything far away
Of emotion
Of solitude
Of desire

There seen from here
The color of where you are not
Longing is full of endless distances
Distances where you never arrive
The distance I am from you

Note:  Found poem from A Field Guide to Getting Lost, Rebecca Solnit.  Most of the words were found as written in Rebecca's book.

June 29, 2014


3 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

"Longing is full of endless distances......the distance I am from you." So profoundly true, Annell. Beautifully written and I know deeply felt.

kaykuala said...

I think of blue
The color of emotions
The color of love

How very true annell! It is soothing and nice to look at. Certainly a color that binds!

Hank

Brian Miller said...

Blue is the distance I am from you -- great and emotive line annell....and the image of the blue mountains in the distance, reitterating that distance...i can feel the emptiness and missing in this...

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...