Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 15, 2014 The Sunday Whirl #169/ Manufactured World



Manufactured World
Manufactured room
In manufactured house
In manufactured neighborhood
In manufactured world
And I wonder why nothing seems real
Or really real

When everything is manufactured
Manufactured entertainment
With manufactured laughter
Manufactured food
For manufactured people
Driving manufactured cars
To manufactured places
To shop for manufactured things
And I wonder why nothing seems real
Or really real

I want my yard to be natural
Just like God made it
With plants God planted
My house made of mud
My food grown in the earth
The sky a clear blue
Scattered clouds with silver linings
I long for something I can call real
A heart that is true
I am lonely in a manufactured world



July 15, 2014

Note:  I see I used the wrong words for my piece…so I am posting again.

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

and we eat manufactured food...everything is pretty well artificial these days...its a sad bit of reality...and we settle for artificial friendships...cause its all a whole lot cheaper than authentic...i would take a natural world anyday, with relationships of the same...i feel as lonely in the same...

Anonymous said...

You set my mind to whirling and twirling with your words. I see people encased in shrink wrap and labeled with a price and expiration date. That old song started dancing through my mind..."And they're all made out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same." Fantastic write Annell,

Elizabeth

flaubert said...

Annell, yes, the manufactured world is annoying. We must free ourselves from that. Well done.

Pamela ox

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I certainly relate to this poem........well done, my friend.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...