Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August 19, 2014 dVerse, Poetics/A World That is Not My Own


A World That is Not My Own
A world created somewhere else
With somebody else’s ideas
We might go to bed
In the morning when the sun rises
Sleep all day while others are working
Get up late in the evening
Bacon and eggs for dinner
Talk on the phone all night long
It seems we never get anything done
Make plans then throw them away
Read a book the ending first
Stop when you get to the beginning
You would have all of your dreams
During the day
And when you went to see your friends
They would all be sleeping
Perhaps it would seem they
Lived on another planet
This is a world that is not my own
And I don’t think I would like to live there

August 19, 2014


3 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

This is very cool!

Jae Rose said...

No it sounds quite upside down (as Alice might say)...our own worlds are the best places to be x

Brian Miller said...

i would def take breakfast for dinner...
there are def places that are not my own...
i try to exoerience it...i may never go there again
but you never know, you know...

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...