Sunday, April 19, 2015

Writers Digest PAD Challenge / Faded Memories / Sunday Whirligig/Poets United Poetry Pantry



Faded Memories

my world seems askew          the flowers have fallen from the pot

hard edged moments too real                 to forget

nightmares are never sanguinary...                     just sad

i reach for your furry absence                    you are but a memory

i am pulled into your cage of sorrow          my legs unsteady

often i am a guest                        in an unhappy guesthouse

while the color behind the color is crimson       the color of my heart

my world is often blue                                no longer bright

faded into memories of                 you

April 18, 2015









15 comments:

Gail said...

Melancholy but well written. Great creation.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Absolutely marvelous...!! :D
Loved it!
xoxo

Sumana Roy said...

"the flowers have fallen from the pot"...heartbreaking...

brudberg said...

So sad to be in those sad memories.. to be a guest in your own home is a haunting image.

Natašek said...

beautiful and very touching..

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh I can see your furry beautiful Beau........the lines "often I am a guest in an unhappy guesthouse" really speak to me. Beautiful and moving, my friend.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

p.s. Has Ward read this poem? He must miss Beau too.

Old Egg said...

How beautifully written and poignant is this memory.

C.C. said...

"hard edged moments too real to forget"---piercing!

Mary said...

So poignant, Annell. I assume you are writing about a beloved pet. I empathize with this, as anyone who has been through this would. "I am pulled into your cage of sorrow" expresses it so well....this sadness which any of us who has loved a pet cannot escape.

Donna@LivingFromHappiness said...

'hard edged moments too real' just broke my heart....

Jae Rose said...

Such loss..the fading of a much loved presence and yet 'it' is still there...always will be in and all around you..i hope..i hope xo

totomai said...

color blue can be sad but can be hopeful too... memories linger

Gen Giggles said...

That moment in the night when we forget they are gone. What a well written poem.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Grief is not a mere moment or month, but a long and perilous journey, with memories fading along the way. The image of the fallen flowers brings the transience of this life home to me...

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...