Wednesday, October 18, 2017

I Believe You/Writers Digest -- Poetics Asides/ (Dark, New) Moon, A guiding Light -- Poets United Midweek Motif

I Believe You

yes, it happened some time ago           we were in the same town        the same day on the calendar

you seem to have experienced             something different                   i believe you

i am not saying it is not true                  simply i believe you                 your perspective was your own

we stepped through a veil                     i made an inquiry                     you explained

i accepted what you said                       i believe you                            perhaps i loved you too much



put you on a pedestal                           thought you could do no wrong           your behavior

was eye opening                                   and you know                          people say, actions speak

 louder than words                               later i tried to find common ground     no luck

then, i realized                                     you can’t change what people think      i believe you

our stories are different                        i believe you                                         i believe me



it is strange                   two people can have the same experience               their stores different

your story so full of hate                      and animosity                                  mine confusion

you accuse me of unimaginable things    i can only say                               what is in my heart

i believe you                                        i wish you could believe me                 i believe me

                                               

October 18, 2017
Poetics Asides

________________________________________________






















( Dark, New) Moon, A Guiding Light

on the day I was born               the moon was just rising in the sky       a dark, new moon

perhaps one of my oldest friends          still a mystery               in japan you spoke to me

you told me                  your light would always light my path              even as a dark moon

there would be light enough to see       and then without knowing        I selected the one

that said, “moon over heart”                i made the selection      you read the words for me

there was a promise to send                  when it arrived                         i hung it on my wall

each time i see it                       i am reminded                            each night you light my way

October 18, 2017

Poets United -- Midweek Motif



                                               






9 comments:

Susan said...

To have such a moon-guide is to be blessed. And that first poem? I believe. It is too familiar to believe myself second. But I believe.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

"Moon over heart"....how beautiful. I love that promise that there will always be enough light to see. How we count on that!

tonispencer said...

I love the hope in this poem!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Beautiful and hopeful!

Sumana Roy said...

I, too love the promise part and the assurance of 'light enough' to see.

Marja said...

Each night you light my way Beautiful to be guided like that

Khaya Ronkainen said...

Oh, what a beauty; "moon over heart"!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I absolutely adore this!❤️

Myrna R. said...

I enjoyed both poems. The first seems so personal, an acceptance of another's perspective. Thai is special. The second is soothing. The hope it gives is precious. Thanks Annell.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...