Thursday, October 19, 2017

Leaving Traces in my Wake/dVerse

Leaving Traces 

My path is a mystery
Around me swirl the winds of change
There are signs of danger ahead
I continue to travel
The road given
I lift each foot
Place it on the path
Leaving traces in my wake
I live on the fringe
Look to the stars for inspiration

October 8, 2017
Abstracted poem




We Leave Traces in Our Wake

my path is a mystery                 i don’t know                and know that i do not know

the winds of change                 swirl around me           a storm on the horizon            

there are signs of danger ahead             we each struggle           to know                      

to understand                           …and yet…                 we continue to travel               

the road we are given               we lift each foot           and place it on the path

leaving traces                           in our wake                  we list the possibilities             

we live on the fringe                our power is limited     we look to the stars for inspirations     

October 8, 2017  



Note:  I am working on a collection of abstracted poems.  Leaving Traces is an abstracted poem, taken from. We Leave Traces in Our Wake.  I am simplifying the poem and am trying to keep the original thought.                                               


                       





7 comments:

brudberg said...

I wonder sometimes if we can walk so lightly... maybe the footprints will be there for ever.

tonispencer said...

I too wonder that about our footsteps. and I love the looking to the stars for inspiration. Truly a lovely line.

rallentanda said...

I like the abstracted version. It works well. An ominous feeling pervades the poem.

indybev said...

"We look to the stars for inspiration". A great line. We'd best be careful the footprints we leave.

Gayle Walters Rose said...

I like your concise, abstracted poem. There's some part of me that believes that we leave traces of ourselves when we walk, speak and think but do they remain behind forever...another question to ponder.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the abstraction, which makes the subject of the poem more powerful. A cool idea. I may try one.

Jane Dougherty said...

I prefer the abstracted version and agree with Sherry, it makes the point more succinctly and stronger.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...