Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Color Me All The Colors of The Rainbow and Then Some/Poets United Midweek Motif

Color Me All The Colors of The Rainbow and Then Some

Color is something we have known
All of our lives
From the very first day we arrived
We looked into our Mother’s eyes
Blue or brown…or something else

Colors welcomed us here
Soon we learned their names
I suspect there are some people
Who don’t see beyond the primary colors
Red, blue, and yellow

It takes an awareness to see
There are more colors 
These are called low intensity colors – or grays
They call forth more subtle moods
They can be seen in shadows
In late afternoons when the light is low

We sometimes call them sophisticated colors
They can be found in the home or the cave
When the lights are low
The curtains drawn
They can be of such a low intensity
We don’t even know their names
And can’t name their original color

Perhaps if we were talking about music
These colors would be represented by the low notes
The whispered secrets
The interior songs
The evensongs sung in worship
Colors surround us
Enriches our days


March 14, 2018



12 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Colours come alive in your poem. With actions to stimulate feelings subtle and feelings strong

Happy Wednesday. Thanks for dropping by my blog today

Much🌼love

Vivian Zems said...

You've stimulated all my senses and brought colour to life with your words😌

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love your "Me, Too" painting, Annell, and what you said about colour at Poets United. Love your poem too......the colours of life, of nature, never fail to astonish me. So much visual beauty everywhere - we are surrounded by beauty.

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I like the picture you painted with your colorful poem.

Susan said...

If sophistication joins colours to music, I'm all for it. That last stanza is most beautiful. Thank you again for letting me use the painting, too.

Kim M. Russell said...

Colours from an artist's eye, Annell! I've been watching 'Portrait Artist of the Year' on Sky, which ended yesterday, and I was impressed with the original use of colour. But I really like those low intensity colours, shades of twilight.

Cressida de Nova said...

I like the colours of the sea...colour is life.

Old Egg said...

We each see the world with different eyes and perceive colour differently that's why we have favorites. I can remember my mother loving everything green probably because she had such a grey dark childhood back in the 1920's.

Sumana Roy said...

I love how you depict colors. They do seem to have a song of their own. Beautiful.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

This is gently, hauntingly lovely, Annell.

Thotpurge said...

Subtle shades of life... whispers and prayers.. lovely.

kaykuala said...

Those sensitive to creative writings are more inclined to notice more than just the 3 primary colors. Thanks annell for sharing!

Hank

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...