Thursday, March 22, 2018

Let This Cup Pass From Me/dVerse

Let This Cup Pass From Me

Let this cup pass from me
How many times have you thought this
Give it to someone else

Perhaps they have more patience
Can handle it better than I
More experienced
Sit in the rocking chair

Pull it into your lap
Stroke its hair
Rock away all afternoon
Barely a breeze
In the hot summer sun

We are all given somethings we do not want
Do we have a choice
Can we just pass the cup
Hide out all afternoon long

The sun sets in the west
Sound of drums
The music plays
A cool oasis waits

My cup full to overflowing
Dance to the rhythm
Let this cup pass from me
Maybe it is a choice to accept or drink

March 22, 2018







10 comments:

brudberg said...

I think we should all have a choice... but I feel that sometimes we are all forced to drink... and it could be a bitter drink.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This one drew a deep sigh from me... especially considering that we are all given something which aren't prepared for and have to face.. how true.. and how very frigtening.

Jane Dougherty said...

I don't know that there is an answer to that question. Who makes up the rules?

Beachanny said...

Yes I know that feeling and only yesterday made the decision to pick up a cup I put down, put my ice shoes on and return to a position of responsibility that I didn't think I'd have to have again. Yet those shoes feel broken in and somehow I think everything will turn out ok. Thanks Annell.

tonispencer said...

I'm sure we have all wished this. I know I have many times. but sometimes taking the cup has made me stronger but then more recently, it has not.

Waltermarks said...

Gosh Annell, I'm not sure. The cup usually comes to get me. Hope it's easier for you to tell than for me

Frank Hubeny said...

I like the offering of a choice in the last line.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

I think we all receive unwanted gifts, burdens we would rather not accept or ?own, maybe sometimes deserve.
It is so easy to fill that cup to overflowing as we mull over ‘what ifs’, wish we could change the past, turn the clock back – maybe sometimes wish it forward, and in doing so, damage ourselves.
Drink from the cup and learn by its contents and leave it empty – but if the cup is not deserved, becomes a burden that should not be ours – pass it on, or if not accepted by the rightful owner, discard it.
Anna :o].

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yes, some cups we have little choice but to drink...........

ZQ said...

We are nearing that decision, again this Easter.
ZQ

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...