Wednesday, March 28, 2018

THE TREASURES OF MY LIFE/ Poets United Midweek Motif - Treasures







THE TREASURES OF MY LIFE

My life is full of treasures
They are not silver or gold
My health is good
I can still see the world before me

Filled with treasures
I can think
My thoughts are full of treasures
I can speak of these treasures

My life is good
A special someone I love
A beautiful kitty I love
An elegent creature
Friends I cherish

I have my work
I am blessed with treasures
I cannot think of more I would ask
There are treasures that have tumbled

From my bundles strapped to the camel
Treasures I could not keep or hold
Perhaps as we travel further down the road
What we have, are the treasures we need

March 28, 2018




9 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Life has a way of stripping away the non-essentials. The treasures we really need are the ones we have, as you have pointed out. The rough ride of the camel along the way helps us get rid of things we don't need.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the idea of our losses as bundles that slipped off the camel.........very cool. And your Issa is elegant indeed. I would say, imperious. LOL. Loved this poem, my friend. My treasures are the same as yours - all that is around us, our eyes with which we see them, work to do. Simple pleasures. The best kind.

Susan said...

"There are treasures that have tumbled

From my bundles strapped to the camel"

How you set up these two lines, and having what you need is truly wonderful. It is only that kind of wealth that can go through the eye of the needle!

rallentanda said...

A fortunate life, indeed !

Sumana Roy said...

"Perhaps as we travel further down the road
What we have, are the treasures we need"......This is so true.

Kim M. Russell said...

The opening stanza reminds me a little of the song we used to sing at school, 'Daisies are our silver, buttercups our gold, these are all the treasures we can have or hold'.
I like the rhythm and internal rhyme in the lines:
'There are treasures that have tumbled
From my bundles strapped to the camel'.

lynn__ said...

Some "treasures" are burdens we need to let go so our camel's load is lighter toward the end of the road.

Myrna R. said...

Your last lines are so full of wisdom. The entire poem is lovely and relate to it fully.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

What a wise and wonderful thought, your closing sentence! Culmination of a poem full of treasures. (And yes, that's a very elegant kitty.)

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...