Sunday, April 8, 2018

A CHASM OPENED WIDE/https://claudetteellinger.wordpress.com

A CHASM OPENED WIDE

Slowly over the years
The chasm opened between us
The earth moved
The separation was great
I only  knew it best not to speak
Which made you more angry
The plates slipped
The chasm opened wider
You said, I would have to be responsible
I have never shirked responsibility
I was nailed against the wall
A barrage of questions were asked
I tried to answer each one
As best I could
Though I could make no sense of it all
You were quick to say I was rude
I really didn’t mean to be
I tried to explain
The dye was cast
The water had turned an evil green
A bile bitter to the taste

April 6, 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This pours itself down the edge of the page and leaves a mark. Who is messing with you? Tell them, for me, to back off.

Elizabeth

Marianne said...

The rift becomes too deep. Impossible to go back. Your words are so sad. And vividly compelling...

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...