Wednesday, April 18, 2018

THE PAINTING IS THE INVENTION OF THE PAINTER/ Poets United Midweek Motif -- Invention -- THIS IS YOUR LIFE/Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads -- A DRAGON OF YOUR OWN/Waiting on Words, Ladies in Waiting

Poets United  Midweek Motif -- Invention

THE PAINTING IS THE INVENTION OF THE PAINTER
As a painter I invent everyday
I create something new
Something never seen 
In exactly the same way before
You ask, but what am I to think
And I will answer 
That is up to you

I pick the color
I mix the paint
I apply the paint 
I allow the painting to come alive
And I need the viewer to have his own thoughts
To complete my work

But the viewer has to slow down
Be open
Take a fresh look
Be aware of his thoughts
Go with it
Perhaps it is based on a memory
Or a thought forgotten long ago
Suddenly it is in this moment
The thought is renewed
Seen in a different way

There is a dialogue
Between the viewer and the painting
Something is revealed
You will tell me 
How your Grandmother cared for you
The first time you flew
The little dog you had when you were small
You will tell me about your love
And when you first met
Your story will be unique

April 18, 2018







--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads

THIS IS YOUR LIFE
Yes, life is made up of many present moments
It is all we have
Nothing more is needed
Yet often we wish for something else
We say, “Our life would be complete, if only…”
But this is not true
What is true
Is that we have what we need
The Universe has provided
The path to creativity is marked
We have but to reach into the bag
And we will see
We do have what we need
So it is up to you
How you will use this present moment
The compass is pointed to “good”
Your good and the good of others
There will be moments you will like to refuse
But this is your life
Live it as you like
There is only one
A one way street
And there are no do-overs

April 18, 2018









____________________________________________________________

Waiting on Words, Ladies in Waiting


A DRAGON OF YOUR OWN
Of course the word is dragon
Your "familiar"
He goes where you go
He waits for you to catch up
He has lived long
The subject of many tales
He once belonged to a man from China
That is where he learned to read Chinese
And speak the words in his own way
He learned to fly ages ago
He lived in a castle
Loved by a queen
Played with children on the grass
Few people pay attention to him anymore
He flies around the neighborhood
Eats small dogs for lunch
He is what is called a gentle dragon
He will never eat you
I wonder do you fly with him
Do you take him to school
He is as old as can be
Seen many things
But loves only you

April 18, 2018




17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree, we only have one life, so why not live it. And I really like your take on the dragon. You seem to know him well. We must go flying together some time,

Elizabeth



https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2018/04/18/snippet/

Ellecee said...

"The Universe has provided, The path to creativity is marked" I like this thought from This Is Your Life. It is truly up to us to see.

From A Dragon of Your Own
"He flies around the neighborhood Eats small dogs for lunch He is what is called a gentle dragon" Couldn't these lines be called an oxymoron? Love it,,, many smiles,,,

From The Painting is the Invention of the Painter
"There is a dialogue Between the viewer and the painting Something is revealed" This is so true as can be seen by the way we who read this month's poetry, interpret the words in our own way. Knowing that our impressions may be far and away from what the poet intended. But loving the sharing all the same :-)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Beautiful! I was particularly caught by "There will be moments you will like to refuse"... in the end we have no other choice but to accept what life throws our way.. sigh..

Bekkie Sanchez said...

Wonderful!

Vivian Zems said...

Arresting poems - all 3!
1. The dialogue between viewer and painting opens a new dimension in perception.

2.We have just the one life....wise words to live by.

3. As long as my dragon doesn't eat my Zeus ( German Shepherd )...he's free to lead me ...all the way😂

Gillena Cox said...

What a lovable dragon, he can be taken to school, that's nice. Enjoyed all three poems today. Thank you for dropping by my blog today Annell

much love...

brudberg said...

The journey of life has so many moments... each one is a crossroad though

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow, your pen is on fire, Annell. I love the wisdom in the poem that says we have all we need. We do, indeed. I ADORE the idea of a personal dragon! And loved the possible conversations arising from the viewing of a painting. Loved these.

Susan said...

An artist must be an inventor to be true! I like this poem, the care in which it is built. It too exemplifies the art. And when you ask viewers to slow down, I think of them finding the accelerations and slow-downs organic to the piece. And this detail is so very fine: "How you Grandmother cared for you The first time you flew The little dog you had when you were small You will tell me about your love"! So much is possible in the alchemy of art.

tonispencer said...

What an amazing poem. You are truly an inventor of beauty and originality. And all the things we tell you and share with you. This truly is a wonderful poem and my new personal faborite of yours.

Myrna R. said...

Annell, clearly your mind is creating almost faster than you can produce your art. These poems are precious. All three. How sweet to know how you view the interpretations of your paintings as painting them anew. I never thought about that. And yes, yes, we do have all we need. At least most if not all of the people who read this blog do. I have much more than I need. And I love your Dragon (Except that he eats dogs. I'll make sure to not let Leroy out of my sight.).
I truly enjoyed reading your words.

Marianne said...

Your words reminded me of the sweet friendship between the ageless dragon, Puff, and little Jackie Paper! Most appealing!

Sumana Roy said...

It's wonderful when the viewer reinvents 'self' in presence of 'art'. The moment is great for the artist, art-work and the viewer. A thought provoking poem.

Jim said...

I like your 'moments', Annell. And no, there aren't any do-overs. I was on a similar vein, adding then, "life goes on," to mine. You were at my other blog yesterday for the "weekend" post and missed my 'poem', the one you saw I have been posting on Fridays in the late afternoon.
..

Old Egg said...

Creative art is one of the most satisfying experiences humankind have found for themselves. You don't have to be rich and famous but merely a creator of something that is individually you, whether it is painting, sculpture, photography or indeed writing and many other skills. And for those that don't have such skills they may have the appreciation of seeing or owning something beautiful and telling before their eyes that they want to possess as it adds to their appreciation of life. It is always good to see what you are working on Annell in the background of your photos!

Kim M. Russell said...

I so agree with this poem, Annell. I think any form of creativity, painting, sculpting, pottery, knitting, writing (the list goes on) is invention. Every morning we re-invent the world for a different set of circumstances, and we need other people to appreciate the inventions in order to complete them, which is why so many of us gather here. I love the idea that reading your poem is completing it, which makes me a part of the process - an intimate one.

Anonymous said...

Love your dragon, Annell. And thanks for the heads up on the poet.

Love,
Pamela

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...