Saturday, April 7, 2018

A FEATHER/https://claudetteellinger.wordpress.com

A Feather

Feather bed fluffy and blue
Featherbrain empty
Feather-pen to write 
Gift of a feather
A trifle
I love you

I pulled the last feather 
From Sunday’s dinner
Stuffed it into a pillow
Chicken in the oven to bake
Arrive at 1:00

A feather long 
You stooped to pick it up
Gifted it to me
A Raven’s feather
Iridescent and black
An act of friendship

A cherished prize
A trophy to behold
The feather long as our friendship
Black as midnight
Gift of a feather
A trifle
I love you

April 7, 2018








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see we agree on feathers as gifts. The raven is a symbol of the shape-shifter, that one who can become other than what he/she was, or might become. They are also a reminder of the Shamanic ritual of the Life/Death/Life experience. Much of which is hinted at in your poem. Love it, Annell,

Elizabeth

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...