Monday, April 2, 2018

THE MOST IMPORTANT WORD/http://www.napowrimo.net/day-two-5/ --napowrimo

THE MOST IMPORTANT WORD

Perhaps the “I” 
Is the most important word
In the English language
How else can I tell you

What I see, think and feel
I ask you to come for tea
I ask you to listen
I ask you to look with me

I ask you to see
I ask you to reach inside my chest
Feel my heart beat
Touch my tears
Experience my loneliness and my longing

Come into my house
Which has many rooms
You are a special guest
We will wander together

April 2, 2018




9 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ah, this is a lovely invitation.......to see, hear, touch your tears, assauge loneliness. Beautiful, Annell.

Maude Lynn said...

I particularly like the last stanza, the turn. Lovely work.

Anonymous said...

excellent.

ellecee said...

I enjoyed this poem so much, I think we all have times when we need someone to share our needs with,,

ZQ said...

...As "I" shall accept. : )
written on the Sounds of an "I the butterfly" coming out of a cocoon.
or just plain written very well, and on purpose : )
ZQ

Wendy Bourke said...

Communication would not have advanced much beyond the caveman level, I think, without that tiny little word. I shutter to thing, the world would be in even worse shape, if people did not have the ability to share their dreams and desires. A thought provoking piece.

pamela sayers said...

Annell,

I, too, love the turn of the last stanza. Pretty poem.
I haven't written with you in ages. I hope all finds you well.

Love,
Pamela

dsnake1 said...

a strong argument for "I", eh?
nicely done! :)

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

How incredibly poignant the poem becomes by the concluding verse.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...