Tuesday, May 22, 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY/Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Today is your birthday
Do you remember
You always asked for chocolate cake
How many candles will it be

I look into the clear blue of the sky
Early morning clouds grey
White puffy clouds 
Low on the horizon

Just above the mountains
They  appear to be celebrating
Your birthday
There is a sky-party going on

Each year I celebrate you
Today I will burn a candle 
I would like to think 
You are celebrating too



May 22, 2018





8 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the idea there is a sky-party going on. How wonderful! I love the honouring of the birthday, across the miles.

brudberg said...

I hope that there are many great sky-parties... and celebrating a birthday of someone who has passed is great.

Carrie Van Horn said...

....and many more.....I do love Imaginary Gardens and all they have done for the blogger community! Thank you for sharing this Annell!

revelations said...

a great uplifting write... I did not know today was Imaginary Gardens birthday... I will have some chocolate cake to celebrate... :)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Today is the garden's birthday?!!💜 Gosh I had no idea.. thank you so much Annell 😀 this is lovely!💜

tonispencer said...

I love this and the thoughts that the loved one is having a sky party. A most comforting thought!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

A sweet fantasy! There are several birthdays of dear departed which I never fail to remember, but I never thought of actually celebrating like that.

Ron. said...

Great write. I celebrate a number of absentee birthdays as well. I suppose we all do, eh?

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...