Tuesday, June 19, 2018

A SUNNY DAY IN JUNE/dVerse

A SUNNY DAY IN JUNE

If you had asked
I never thought 
I would be the one
To celebrate your leaving
And yet…
Each year about this time
I remember clearly
A film cycles in my mind
A sunny day in June
The scent of honeysuckle
Your chair empty

June 19, 2018


So get on your bike, fire up your cyclometer and write a poem of exactly 44 words (not counting your title), including the word cycle. 
Here’s how to Quadrille:
– Write a poem of exactly 44 words, including the word cycle.
– Put your poem on your blog and link back to this post.
– Link it up to our Mr. Linky.
– Visit other blogs. Enjoy some amazing poets. Comment. Come back later this week and write another one, and visit some more. Comment some more. Create as many poems as you please, including ones with all the words.

No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...