Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Hand Holding Day/imaginary gardens with real toads

Hand Holding Day

The greatest fear
For humans is death
Though we were born for it
It will be the final step 
In your journey
Makes a strong man cry

How are we to cope 
With that knowledge
All that we love
What is tender for us

I reach for your hand
You reach for mine
You hold me tight
A strong young man
You promise 
Never to let go

The man resting
On the side of the road
Asks, “But why
Should we continue”
I offer my hand
Symbol of connection

Symbol of safety
Symbol of care
My fingers are aware
Of your rough skin
You have toiled 
At hard labor
All of your life

Do not fear
All is as it should be
Like Spring blossoms
End of Summer
Their time spent

August 13, 2018


1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

How absolutely beautiful - the hand holding, the promise, then the hand extended to the hopeless man.........yes, all is as it should be. So wise you are, my friend.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...