Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday February 1, 2011 Big Tent Poetry/ Small Stone/ Magpie February #1




Small Stone February #1
White, cold
Covering
Changes everything
During the night.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________




http://bigtentpoetry.org/

Big Tent Poetry

To ☛ float or not to sink
We teach our children to swim
For fear they will all sink like rocks
Lived all your life in water
Knew it better than anyone

Your gentle touch lost to sea
No longer you will ☛ handle me
Nor use the sand paper
To ☛grind to your pleasing
I was ☛resistant
I stayed ☛remote
For fear I would lose myself

I crawled into the ☛ cabinet
Into the ☛darkened space
Positioned alongside
The salt and pepper
You said
For my own good,
Locked away
Collected
Put on a shelf
Lived all my life near water

I gave up the daily ☛grind
Remained totally myself
I ☛rotate the handle
Unwilling to complete
Your collection
You took the ☛blade to my person
I screamed into the ☛darkening night.
I knew better than anyone

I asked all that was holy,
Denied you my life
Stayed ☛alert,
Looked for another ☛angle
Slipped away into the ☛darkening night
Made a new life
So I could ☛function
Without drowning
I knew this better than anyone
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Magpie #51
http://magpietales.blogspot.com/
I placed the pavers
To create a path
From front door to drive
So you could find
Your way back

Old, worn
You might swear
They had been there forever
Chipped and cracked
Like you and me

We took a step back
Then walked the foot path
Promised forever
Did not realize
You were leaving
You had already packed

What we had together
Was old, worn out
Chipped and cracked
Set on the curb
Could only be seen
When you looked back

Old, worn out
And useless
Now a memory
Unlike the pathway
I created
From front door to drive
Old and worn
Chipped and cracked
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________




My friend Jim Clark has started a new blog, I think you will like it.http://jclarkart.blogspot.com/2011/01/introduction-to-dioramic-painting.html?spref=fb

10 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

WOW! Annell! These are amazing revelatory works! I LOVE the floating/drowning poem so much. It says a ton, about life and Self. And the pathway one is quite wonderful. Yikers!!!!!!!! Some serious writing is being done this morning! I had better get cracking!!!!

SandyCarlson said...

These touch my heart. The chipped walk.... I could feel every word.

Tess Kincaid said...

Very touching and quite sad Magpie, Annell. Lovely write.

Kristen Haskell said...

That one kind of hurts. I have been feeling old and worn chipped and cracked of late.

Kathe W. said...

very sad...so well written

Brian Miller said...

i liked your mag...we have a brick path down to our meditation bench...yeah a few are chipped and cracked but all are essential....

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love your take on magpie,

I have been clearing the drive way early this morning to remove snow so that my hubby could drive to his office, thanks for the inspirations.
Cheers.

it is always a treat to read your poetry.

signed...bkm said...

well done but sad...nice repetition of chipped and cracked....really makes the piece hit home...bkm

christine said...

Quite beautiful I loved the analogy between the chipped bricks and the people.

Reflections said...

Love the analogy... chipped people, chipped moments in time.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...