Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 13, 2014 The Sunday Whirl / Misunderstand

MISUNDERSTAND

when endeavoring to communicate                              to find the right words

the story seems to spin                   out of my control

it is as if the words have hitched a ride in a                                   spacecraft

and are traveling the cosmos         visiting other planets

without concern for their worldly meanings

angels tread lightly                               to avoid the lunatic words                          without meanings

my words can get into such a tangle                              when they disregard what i am trying to say

finding the right words                       to convey the meaning                 will forever be a difficult task          

words can be slippery                        when it comes to meanings

                      spread misunderstanding

December 13, 2014                                            

                                   




7 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I know this dilemma........some people interpret words through their own skewed perceptions. I so know the feeling of the words hitching a ride to an unknown cosmos, and a whole other language. Based on other peoples' misperceptions. Sigh.

Jae Rose said...

And yet so clearly this wonderful piece reads....i hear...and it sparkles and glows but how hard it is sometimes trying to get certain people to understand what we intend...peaceful Sunday to you xo

vivinfrance said...

The spread of the layout echoes the confusion over the wordle words. Veerrrry clever!

Keith's Ramblings said...

A feeling I know only too well!

Anonymous said...

Am in total agreement. I love this one...

Elizabeth

S.E.Ingraham said...

I love this -- and it looks great on the page as well... what they call a concrete poem I think ... great use of the white space...cool.

http://thepoet-tree-house.blogspot.ca/2014/12/come-they-close.html

humbird said...

'when endeavoring to communicate to find the right words

the story seems to spin out of my control' ~ resonate very often with me.... love your approach really, Annell

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...