Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September 27, 2016 dVerse/Arrangements

An Arrangement

what we have is an arrangement      nothing formal            no ceremony

one day i hung an iron heart              over the bedroom door           it seemed enough      

my love is strong                                my word is true                   it was enough

you have been my lover since       we travel the road together            no promises

none needed                                       what is it called          perhaps there is no word

that identifies true love                      or maybe                     it is simply an arrangement

September 27, 2016



                       



4 comments:

Stacy M.S. said...

i read this four different ways....as four different poems! so creative. :)

Misky said...

I adore your 'puzzle' poems. So much fun to read from different directions. This one is excellent.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wonderful to have a love that strong that there is no need for formality. Sigh. I love the heart over the door. Ceremony enough, for wise souls.

purplepeninportland.com said...

This is wonderful, Annell. Love your use of the prompt, and that iron heart!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...