Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday March 27, 2011/Poetry Pantry/ I Saw Sunday/ Sunday Scribblings

I saw Sunday. This week I saw many pictures on the TV of the destruction in Japan.
http://isawsunday.blogspot.com/

http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2011/03/poetry-pantry-is-now-open-35.html

End of Time
In time the great wave
Returns to sea

In time the destruction
Is known

In time the eye focuses
In disbelief

In time the numbers
Are counted

End time for many

In time the tears
Will dry

In time all who saw
Will die

In time it will
All be a memory

Until...
The end of time.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Sunday Scribblings #260 prompt Nearly

Nearly
"Nearer my God
To thee..."
Fills my heart
And soul

Simple words
Speak to me
Of each day
We stretch
And we reach

For that perfection
That we know so well
The image fills our heart
We finger it
Like braille

We know it
We can stand in front
Of our class
And repeat it without stumble

We will never reach it
But if we work hard
And apply heart to wheel
We will reach "nearly"

15 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh this is powerful........the timelessness of time. Love it! It promises to soothe all the hurts, eventually. The image of the great wave is really powerful.

Jae Rose said...

Both pieces stride through the great questions of life..how do we find comfort when we know there is an end to time..when perfection will fade..maybe each step is closer to something better..lovely writes..Jae :)

Susannah said...

Very powerful writing Annell.

It really touched me when I got to...

"In time all who saw
Will die

In time it will
All be a memory"

Thanks for linking this beautiful piece to I Saw Sunday.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love "Nearly", as well as the beautiful and hopeful image of the egg in the nest. Just lovely!

gautami tripathy said...

Deep and powerful.

limitless space

earlybird said...

I found your first poem very moving. thank you.

Old Egg said...

Nearly is so much more hopeful that having got there, to have finished the race with nothing more to do. Both pieces were beautifully written.

Lilibeth said...

I enjoyed your reflections on the tsunami. I wanted to write about it, but the emotions were oppressive. You wrote beautifully. Also the nearer, My God. True, it's unattainable on this earth but, like this poem, I'm always stretching.

Brian Miller said...

there is a time for everything...the tears will dry...and rebuilding will begin...in time...

still here...smiles...having a great time in NYC...saw American Idiot on broadway today...so good....

Lavonne said...

Powerful piece...knowing all things come to an end makes us sad and afraid until we remember with every death their is a birth...wonderful job :)

SandyCarlson said...

Your poems are beautiful.

I believe the situation in Japan has left us all in some serious trouble. I am afraid.

Meryl said...

VEry powerful words! ANd sadly, so true.

Catherine Denton said...

Both of these are wonderful. This line struck me: The image fills our heart
We finger it
Like braille
My Blog

Cynthia M said...

So true, isn't it those simple words that mean the most? Beautifully written with such a simple style. :)

vivinfrance said...

Your "time" poem is a thoughtful attempt to live with the Japanese tragedy. Your "Nearly" poem made me realise how seldom we achieve perfection, however hard we strive. But I loved your last line: We will reach "nearly"

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...