Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday May 1, 2011 Sunday Scribblings/Beyond the Bozone


Image from the internet.

Sunday Scribblings: Prompt/ Cake

Cake
Sweet and warm
Aroma fills the kitchen
When fresh from the oven
Cake for all occasions
And cake for no occasion at all

Spread with sugar frosting
Sometimes on fire
To celebrate the season
Your name spelled out
In fancy letters
Happy Birthday
One and all

Your cakes were always best
Your touch was magic
A little cake for you
A little for me
May I pour the tea

Cakes make any day special
Cake for all occasions
And cake for no occasion at all





____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Beyond the Bozone: Wordle




Image from the internet.

Desert Windsong
I whisper visions
Of your return
To "animate" my dreams
Ride the "train"
Seek open space
"Hillsides" burned by sun
Golden against blue skies
The desert "sustains" me

My spirit is "resilient"
And rises before me
Follow my own
Footsteps in the sand
"Thirst" for water
"Scribble" your name
Fill each letter
With life giving rain

"Aching" for your presence
You name "thrums"
In my brain
"Revenge"
Has vanished
Into golden "hillsides"
Against blue skies
The desert "sustains" me
The wind now
"whispers" your return

10 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Love the cake poem & the images! Yumm!!

Ruth said...

These are beautiful words and lines, thrumming in my ear this morning.

Brian Miller said...

mmm...i got hung up on the cake...i could smell it and i am now hungry....

Elizabeth said...

Love both pieces Annell. Cake reminds me of my sister. She invented a new scrumptious frosting by mixing half a can of coconut frosting with half a can of chocolate fudge frosting. Then spread it on brownies. My kind of cake.

Wonderful use of the wordle words and a very evocative poem. Great stuff,

Elizabeth

Mary said...

Well done wordle, Annell. I especially enjoyed the ending:

The wind now
"whispers" your return.

brenda w said...

Beautiful wordle Annell. You did the words great justice! I also enjoyed the piece about cake, you had me salivating. ha!
Thanks for joining in the wordle madness.
~Brenda

Renee said...

This is my first visit to your site and you have some wonderful writing here. Your words are descriptive and bring things to life.

SandyCarlson said...

I really enjoyed your cake poem. I have taught my daughter never to say no to cake when it is offered. To say no is to reject the joy of the occasion for which it was created with loving hands. It is always possible to eat just a little, to take in the joy.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh, am so hungry now! I really loved the desert piece. You used the words so well! I love "the desert sustains me."

flaubert said...

Love the cake poem, and I adore what you did with the wordle words, Annell. An evocative piece of writing. It's nice to see you joining in, over at Brenda's site, yay!

Pamela

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...