Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday May 25, 2011 We Write Poems


http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com
Prompt #55 Everything, and how it began!

Everything, and how it began!
I do not think
I was here
At least not fully formed
Into the being
I am today

About "everything"
I can not say
Only about the beginning
Of this day I will tell
Before the sun
Rose over the mountain
All the world was dark


A little bird flew
Before me
Sang the sweetest song
How it all began
Enough to fill the heart
The words of the song
I will sing the whole
Day long
Giving thanks
For how it all began
........and you

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Image from the internet

Poetic Asides #133 Prompt: Priorities poem

Equations Complex and Simple
So what is important
After all
I awake each morning
Give thanks for
All that came before
The complex mixture
That I am

An equation
Both complex and simple
Earth, sky and mountain
Your soft purr
Beneath my hand
Your kisses upon my skin

The air I breath
The Mother's gift
I am her daughter
From head to toe
The complex mixture
That I am

Now to be specific
Hand and eye
Join the beating heart
Song of drum
Magically the image appears
I sing my song for you
Give thanks
That you are
A complex equation too

8 comments:

Mary said...

Annell, I just love what you wrote here. The second stanza especially warms my heart!

Anonymous said...

I like very much how the beginning of your day parallels The Beginning, and that what is really important is the beginning of our days, each one,and how we live them, and you have conveyed that truth.

Elizabeth said...

Keep right on singing, little bird, you make a delightful sound.

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Each day a new beginning - I love that thought, as well as your happy poem.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Deep abiding gratitude...good words Annell!

flaubert said...

Annell, we must keep in mind, each day is a new beginning. As you have stated, so eloquently here.

Pamela

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I am enchanted by the beautiful dawn photo and oth poems of richness and gratitude. So lovely. Love the little bird, singing through your poem.

SandyCarlson said...

I love that poem! How it all began! Exquisite.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...