Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 8, 2014 Fading Snapshots deVerse

Outside my studio, Taos, NM
deVerse  Prompt:  Sketch poem

Fading Snapshots
Clouds stacked up
Like bundles of cotton
After picking
They make no
Threatening
Sounds
No rain no snow
We are as dry
As the Sahara
And we may soon
Look like it
Too dry for the sturdy
Desert plants to survive

All is changing
Before our eyes
Except for the
Mountains
Which lay quietly
As they have for
All times
And the endless
Blue New Mexico sky
Like the old
Cowboy movies
We ride into the
Sunset

Sing along with
Roy and the boys
Our time is like
The old time
Western myths
We are here
But will soon
Fade away







6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

we will soon fade, that is for sure...and things will change...this age of our world will be gone....i think it will survive us...smiles...i like the cotton clouds....

Claudia said...

i love the all is changing but the mountains being so quiet and steadfast and reliable... the need for rain... and then the image of us riding like cowboys into the sunset one day...i like that thought

steph said...

Those reliable mountains.. I like that. We will all ride off into the sunset is true, though sad. I've been to Taos once and enjoyed it. I'd like to return before I and it fades away. Great western feel to your poem.

Mary said...

Truly amazing how dry your area is there...in fact TOO dry. And we have more snow here than we have had in a long time. Weather everywhere is crazy. Ah yes, I remember Roy & the boys going off into the sunset. I loved that image when I was a kid...and still love to reflect on it now.

Laurie Kolp said...

Yes, I can see them riding into the sunset. Great capture, Annell.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

A beautiful, reflective poem, Annell. Love the scene outside your studio - glorious.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...