Thursday, March 20, 2014

March 20, 2014 We Write Poems #205/A Good Day in the Neighborhood

A Good Day in the Neighborhood
The sun sets in the West
And the horizon lights up
Neon light show natural
I lock the studio door
Day is done
You wait for me
We share a drink
Talk about poetry
Sometimes I read
Sometimes you do
We talk about art
Sometimes I show
Sometimes you do
How do you like it

(It includes
The assumption
That you do)

Is there something
You would change
We talk about it
We prepare
Something to eat
Last night
We cooked
Chicken
Spinach
Mashed potatoes

Later
A bath
Some TV
What has happened
In the world
On this day
Outside my
Neighborhood

Later still
We lock the doors
Lights out
We sleep
Knowing it has
Been a good day


2 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

It sounds like heaven, Annell! Lovely. Brings me peace just reading it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sherry sounds like a wonderful day

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...