Thursday, April 9, 2015

April 9, 2015 Writers Digest/The Studio Life of an Artist

The Studio Life of an Artist

what is work         the most important thing                      i do each day

work gives my life meaning                    i know what the day will bring

the more i work             the more i need to work            my life is but a long

unfinished project         it is work i know i can accomplish         for better or worst

my work is an adventure                           i can travel to exotic places

see interesting people              i set up a problem                     and i go to work

one problem leads to another              i am alone with myself               my journeys

are across an interior landscape             i see the sun rise           and later in the day

the sun sets                     i have done my best                         i will sign my work

April 9, 2014




3 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Very nice piece. Did you mean April, 9, 2015?

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is so beautiful... I truly feel related to the feel of the poem.. Life really is an unfinished project as we are unaware of the wondrous work which are to produce later on in our lives :D
xoxo

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love "My journeys are across an interior landscape." Often, the very best journeys. I worked a double shift today - catch up with you tomorrow, kiddo.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...