Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April 8, 2015 Writers Digest PAD Challenge Day 8/I Dare You

I Dare You

I dare you                      I double dog dare you             will you take the dare

or will you let it lie                  sometimes it is the only way to find out

accept that dare               give it a try                     life is a dare

the new born takes the dare                                       and his life begins

he will make it or he won't              there are no promises           no guarantees


April 8, 2015       

3 comments:

Blogoratti said...

...no promises...no guarantees. Very apt, thanks for this nice piece!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Annell, for reminding me. Life and living are a constant dare. An ongoing risk of taking chances, making choices, without promises or guarantees. God gave us life, but also free will. Perhaps God was the very first one who said, "I dare you?" Dang it. This piece has a very light and playful tone, but the thoughts lead to much deeper places. Thank you, again.

Elizabeth

Sherry Blue Sky said...

"No promises, no guarantees...." the precarious state we live in, and yet we carry on as if it will always be, nevertheless. I think that must be a blessing.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...