Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday's Whirligig/An Appointment with the Dentist -- Writers Digest Pad Challenge/ Damage

An Appointment with the Dentist


the moment you finished                     removing my tooth

i could see only orange               the pain ravished my body

it was just a little tooth removal                     nothing to it

happens everyday        many times a day      but not to my teeth

stop                  i scream                             sink back into my chair

the weight of your actions crush me    it was like a brush with death

i scribble on a page in my diary                    i vent my rage     

you hand me a mirror          the pain of it all is reflected back to me

April 12, 2015

________________________________



Damage 

we never know what damage we do                 or if we do we give it no further thought

we say              oh well it happened it really wasn't my fault           someone else caused

all the trouble             it is hard to accept responsibility admit                we were wrong

declare regret            perhaps we never intended to create the damage

 much better to pretend           it never happened       that trash on the ground is not mine

 someone else should pick it up         damage is simply the residue      of our actions

 we are being asked to wake up            to take care of the earth

                                                                                        as if it was the only one we have

April 12, 2015     



5 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Your writing is so lovely, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before. Refreshing, and different!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I think I was very fortunate when my tooth came out. I could feel it, but it didnt hurt very much. Poor you. Very vivid, seeing orange, the pain of it all, then seeing your pain reflected back to you in the mirror. I really felt this one. And in the second, the most powerful lines: "we are being asked to wake up to take care of the earth as if it was the only one we have" Wonderful.

Jae Rose said...

Once more your poems are perfect companions...hoe easy it is to not look in the mirror or around us and to bypass the truth...strange how we are forced to see pain when it is a feeling...and ouch...hope your tooth is better ;)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The older I get, the more I dislike going to the dentist. Things seem to be falling apart--as reflected so well in your poem!

Unknown said...

my tooth going yellow and I am very tense about it,please advice something me doctor.kindly provide the contact number...
Thanks

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...