Saturday, June 2, 2012

Still Life #80  12"x12"  gouache on oriental paper

I have been invited to show work in the Miniatures and More exhibition at the Albuquerque Museum.  The maximum size is 324 square inches including frame.  I didn't know if I could accomplish my new work in this size limitation?  After all we are always in love with the current project we are working on, and of course I wanted to show my new still life.  Well I did it, here it is!  I am very excited, and will do more in this smaller size.  Size is important to our work.  And I am planning a project of a piece that will be 24"x36".  It will be oil on panel.  The panel I ordered from Danial Smith, this will allow the graduation to be longer and maybe very interesting?  I have one more project before I can begin the painting in oil. 

A Small Stone
The morning is quiet
One bird sings
All else is sleeping 

5 comments:

Mary said...

How exciting that your work will be shown in the Albuquerque exhibit! Your work deserves a wide audience.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yay, the art show will be wonderful! I love your small stone so much!

Helen said...

Wow! Can't wait to tell my ABQ friend about THIS! Lovely, very lovely piece, Annell.

layers said...

so much details in your small piece.. and you are planning such a large piece next.. amazing. sounds like you are doing well.

Laurie Kolp said...

It's beautiful, Annell... and yes, we are always in love with our current project aren't we?

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...