Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fragments G&C #133  30"x30"  gouache on w/c paper

Fragments G&C  #134  30"x30"  gouache on w/c paper

Fragments G&C #135   30"x30"  gouache on w/c paper

Fragments G&C#136   30"x30"  gouache on w/c paper

This series of work I am calling Fragments G&C, they are made up of small pieces.  Their arrangement is based on geometry and within each piece is graduation or change.  They almost look like a new kind of color field, I never know when I begin what will happen exactly, I allow the change, whether it is color, temperature, value, or intensity.  In some of the works the change happens up and down, in #134 it is from the lower corner to the upper right corner and back again.  And in some of the works the change comes from each side, as in #136. 

No comments:

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...