Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 1, 2014 Writers Digest/Poets Asides/ Robert Brewer/ April PAD Challenge/ Beginning or Ending

Prompt:  Beginning poem or ending poem

Beginning or Ending
Two sides of the same coin
Always leaving change to spare
I remember the day we met
I was convinced I would
Remain in the ending of your leaving
For the rest of my life

We smiled at each other
Later I told a friend
I met a man
A very nice man
Never thinking
I would see you again
But still a very nice man

Weeks later I did see you
It was then
I thought I will see him again
Funny how sometimes it just seems right

That was seventeen years ago
A blink of an eye
As we measure time
Rolled from the coil
Ribbon of red
Flip of the coin
The day will come
When it all ends

It is inevitable
The end of me
The end of you
The end of all things
But no time for tears

It has been a good run
Filled with kindness
And smiles
That little crinkle
Around your eyes
That end that comes
Will come again

Beginnings and endings
Happen over and over
As long as we are alive
World without end







2 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So poignant, Annell....and so loving. The crinkle around his eyes....I can see it.

Anonymous said...

Love it Annell, a carefully casual definition of relationship enduring time and whatever dwells between both beginning and end.

Elizabeth

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...