Wednesday, September 23, 2015

September 23, 2015 Poets United / Midweek Motif/ Choice

Choice

you have a choice                    to make a choice                         choose wisely

choose what you will               you will keep it forever               it will be yours'

you will slip into it                   see how it fits                           it will be who you are

it will define you                      take your time                             be sure it is your choice

and not the choice of another   you will care of it                       watch it grow

it will color your world             you have a choice                      to make a choice
September 23, 2015



11 comments:

X said...

Our choices are forever, and have a lasting impact on our lives and the lives of those around us. We can not let others make the choices in our lives either, because they will definitely not be the ones having to live with them. Taking your time with it is also solid wisdom.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wise words - "it will define you"......"it will color your world." Beautifully said, my friend.

Hannah said...

Indeed and I to think the words that Sherry mentioned are wise...beautiful-powerful poem, annell.

Hannah said...

* I too, think :)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

So right you are...when making choices we should ensure that they are our own!! Beautifully executed.

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Sumana Roy said...

"it will define you"...a deep thought...choices definitely do that....

Jae Rose said...

The last line is sheer brilliance - your whole poem made me stop and think - gave me a chance to consider what choice really means

Gen Giggles said...

Yes we should always consider if the choice we make is our own.

Susan said...

Interesting that this is the first time I read down each column as well as across. It was always a choice, but was it what you intended? I enjoyed the contrast between the linearity and the more surreal. Glad I made the choice!

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

This made me stop and think--I really enjoyed the layout and the thoughts you have expressed here--our choices do define us--for good or ill

tonispencer said...

Our choices do define us and our future. Being dyslexic (and a bit tired), it took me a few minutes to figure this out. But I am so glad I stuck with it - down the columns, across the columns - wonder poem. Spencer is Kanzensakura

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...