Friday, November 18, 2016

November 18, 2016 Writer's Digest November PAD Challenge 2016 -- The Slate is Clean

The Slate is Clean

the slate is clean       no words written there            a school day begins

i remember myself   a quiet student                         until the adolescent years

it was then i began to talk      i couldn't stop myself        one semester i was given 

                                                                                   64 detentions

each detention was 15 minutes       there was no logic to it     my mouth would open

and i would begin to talk         i was caught in a web      of my own making

eventually i out-grew this talking stage         and returned to my quiet self

                                                                                    words spoken

words wasted                  words without meaning                    packed away

as if banked for later use      those words have come forth              when needed

written down                  shared with no one                           the slate is clean

November 18, 2016





1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is very cool - the torrent of words, then words tucked away....and now, words, being written to say "I was here."

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...