Sunday, April 2, 2017

April 2, 2017 The Sunday Whirl -- Sunday's Whirligig -- Poets United Poets Pantry / View From My Kitchen Window


View From My Kitchen Window

standing near the kitchen window             taos mountain

shrouded in mist             like pictures           of china
                        
a large bird                     flew into view        he circled    

then a figure eight           still flying         called you to see

must be a raven              large & dark                you agreed             




then…                   no wait                  you grabbed your glass    

determined            a white head            & tail        

we followed him         with our eyes            an eagle 


you said                 we watched           until we could see him


no more                  like a spirit              a blessing


one special moment                & he was gone                           



April 2, 2017

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I resonate with that moment. I'm glad you had someone to share it with. It feels like a gift, doesn't it?

Elizabeth

Mary said...

Ah, but indeed what a blessing to have seen him at all. We must savor the moments when they arrive in our lives.

Sumana Roy said...

a wonderful moment captivated forever in words...

C.C. said...

What a glorious shared moment!

brudberg said...

I think that would be a moment that would stay with you... perfect.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ah, such a beautiful moment, captured forever in a poem. I love this! I see many more eagles now, by the sea..........always such a joy.

ZQ said...

That was great once I cut the spaces. I mean, reading it without unnecessary interruptions flows very well.
ZQ
You can kick my butt later :)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Such a beautiful moment captured here.. sigh..

ayala said...

A blessed and special moment captured in this lovely poem.

purplepeninportland.com said...

That is a moment to share and cherish.

Susan said...

You took an encounter of three and made a work of living art of it. That view from the window with bird and witness brought an eagle to me too.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...