Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday July 27, 2010 Second Day of the Last Week of July



This morning is overcast, the sun is only beginning to break through the cloud cover. It's a little cooler than it has been because of the rains we have had. This is the view I see each morning as I go from the house to the studio and later, from the studio to the house.



I am facing the studio. The portals allow us outdoor living space, when I take a break from the studio.



I planted this Russian Sage when it was a tiny plant, and it has grown to be a giant! But the color is lovely, and the bees and humming birds love it.



The stones that we laid, are cracking, and probably need to be replaced?



This pile of rocks are rocks I have picked up on our hikes. As our friend, Glenn-- who is gone now, but remembered often, said, "They are just nice to have around." Like old friends.



I got these three pots, and keep wanting to plant them....maybe someday I will, when I know what I want to plant?




This is the view from my studio.




In a way this courtyard is the center of our lives, we come and go-- to and from the house and the studio. We often spend time on the portals, sometimes at night we have a fire. There are so many things I would like to do with the garden, all the while keeping it simple. It is my idea of a Southwestern Zen garden. It is a work in progress, as is everything else that is here, including myself and my work, but I wanted to share it with you. Even though I don't think it is complete, we can enjoy the view of the landscape, looking down on the village of Taos. And the sky is forever changing, through the day into night.

7 comments:

RA said...

Lovely! I especially like your Zen-garden. :)

Suz said...

there is an easiness to your writing about your space...you are truly home here...
I love your sky..so many blues..and your delightful gathered stones and rocks...your friends...Lovely to think of a fire out there at night on the portals..beauty surrounds you

Janean said...

annell, the russian sage looks a lot like lavender!

those rocks from your hike remind me of one of my fav old movies with lucy and desi. she wanted a rock from every location they stopped at....only her's were quite large! soooo sweet.

thank you for sharing your beautiful view and day with us.

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

What
a piece
of heaven
you got there.

We had a tough winter this year
and my sage and one of my rosemary bushes dies

Carlos

annell4 said...

Gosh, I'm sorry, but plant another. Put a little blanket on it next winter.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

What a beautiful space, so nice to think of you coming and going, sitting there to watch dusk fall across the desert....just lovely, Annell.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

What a beautiful space, so nice to think of you coming and going, sitting there to watch dusk fall across the desert....just lovely, Annell.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...