Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday July 18, 2010 Last Night's Sunset




The Importance of Being in the studio

As I work,
The muse slips in on silent footstep,
Through the open studio door,
She begins to whisper,
"What if?"

And ideas begin to spring forth as if
From a child's jack -in-the-box
The pity is,
How much you miss
If you're away.

She will come again,
No doubt.
But when?
You'll never know,
No one say say.

So best be there,
Don't take a chance,
The next time she comes,
She'll find, again,
You're away.

2 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...

This is so beautiful - and so true. I am held back from art by fear,or self doubt - I can call it so many things. I get ideas, thoughts start brewing in the background of my mind ...but I just don't seem to be able to take the next step! I shall have to remember what you have written. Thank you for looking at my blog.

Suz said...

Oh this is wonderful...and true...and maybe the muse will visit someone else with her ideas?no?

yes artists must show up very nice Annell

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...