Tuesday, November 4, 2014

November 4, 2014 Writers Digest/Heroines I Have Known

Heroines I Have Known

the heroines I have known and loved are                         super

my grandmothers                             of course they were old women
            by the time i knew them                  nurturing to a fault
            when they would come for a visit  my little sister and I would sing
            she’ll be coming around the mountain when she comes

my mom
            a tiny woman                         a beautiful voice when she sang
            she was everything to me                she spoiled me rotten

my aunts
            each one a model                  teachers, a home demonstration agent
 an artist                    

my sister
            a dear child                            a beautiful woman
                        full of mystery                       often kept it to herself

my friends
            I would like to gather them all into my arms                     each one super
            a list of a few of their super powers:
kind
interesting
caring
loving
creative

November 4, 2014   

            

2 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wonderful heroines indeed. And add one more - yourself, who has so much life wisdom to share, and who moves through grief and loss with enormous grace. You are an inspiration, Annell. Your mom and grandma would be so proud.

Laura said...

What a beautiful way to honor the super heroines in your life Annell!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...