Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday November 11, 2010 2010 November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 11

The challenge was to write a poem, "No One Wants.........." fill in the blank.
http://blog.writersdigest.com

No One Wants to Have His Feathers Removed
No one wants
To have his feathers removed,
For this would be the end of flying,
To no longer soar across town,
With the greatest of ease.
It would be a cruel fate.
But this must have happened at sometime.
As I rarely see a human fly,
And have not been known to do so myself.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gasp! That would make my hawk, just another ordinary chicken sqawking his rage at such injustice. Lol, I love this and thank you for making me laugh this morning,

Elizabeth

SandyCarlson said...

Before we take the risk of flying too close to the sun! Oh dreams....

layers said...

I love poetry but can't write anything myself so I always am impressed with artists like you who can also write beautiful poetry.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...