Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 20, 2015 Words from Elizabeth https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2015/01/17/thinking-of-lucille/




My Story

i live a legend           a legend of my own making           i have breathed putrid air

have looked at a dying moon                               i am the shapeshifter of my story

i guess you get the idea      it's all about me         i am my father's daughter

i scream at the top of my lungs         no one hears me      it is not the end of the world

if the story doesn't come out right      it is just a poem      the story of my life

January 20, 2015



Note: Elizabeth's words to replace the wordle this week.

“To cope with mystery, we create a story. Having no idea who we are, where we came from, where we're going, or what life means, we adapt by giving names to things and pretending that the names and the stories are real. That's the root of our ignorance.” From “The Fiction of Being” --Mark Matousek





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it Annell, and not just because you used the words I chose and responded to my challenge. When I hit that line, "I am the shapeshifter of my story," I was clapping and yelling, YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! and immediately started hearing the words to my own shapeshifter poem. What a brilliant idea you have had, and I also love the quote and have to read the book. Thank you,

Elizabeth

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...