Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Things I Love





 Things I Love

 

you ask, what do you love?

my answer:

 

Morning greets each day

Be it sunshine, rain or snow

I love each one

 

 sun rises above the mountains

lowly lights day’s path

I make note

 

alone in the studio

working quietly

studio gets smaller

It isn’t what it used to be

 

I begin each day drawing

timed working left hand

on paper first

abstract shapes and lines

 topped by a dash of realism

 

goal is to draw 

an abstract drawing

finished, whole and complete

 

after drawing I paint

occasionally look up

landscape appears through window

 

fields of sage

the mountains

abstract sky 

360 degrees

 

soft kitten

hot coffee 

people, young and old

memories touched once, unforgotten

 

Written for: https://newwhatsgoingon.blogspot.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is so lovely, Annell: the love of mornings (I do too!), the peaceful studio, the kitten, hot coffee - so much to love. Art filling your mornings, memories never to be forgotten. Just beautiful.

Mary said...

Annell, I really enjoyed reading about your love of mornings & also about your creative process. What a beautiful setting you have for your creating, Annell. It must be so inspiring to watch the sun rise over the mountains as you do!

Rajani said...

That studio sounds wonderful - the view and the coffee and the creativity happening inside it.

Kim M. Russell said...

I love the things you love, Annell, and imagined you in the studio ‘working quietly’ as the ‘sun rises above the mountains / lowly lights day’s path’, giving you inspiration. I admire your routine and spotted similarities to my own routine.

Yvonne Osborne said...

Your day sounds complete! I think your studio would be a great place to write as well. And I agree, the fact that morning greets the day, the sun rises, is most important of all.

Sumana Roy said...

I love the serenity, wholeness around you amidst which you work. "abstract shapes and lines
/ topped by a dash of realism"...And this must be a wonderful world where your soul resides.

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Seems like you can observe the most magnificent aspects of each day, from your location, as well as finding creative inspiration..It is seemingly a place of great happiness, as told in your poem..

Dr. Pearl Ketover Prilik (PKP) said...

As a little girl a teacher introduced the term "picture words" to me - you have painted beautifully here. Love the serenity and the kitten and the sense of creation rising.

Susan said...

Perfect! Th joy of the morning, the weather, the alone art concentrated but with glimpses of the larger world and memory. Did I say perfect? I love all this, too, even the physicality of hands in motion.

Truedessa said...

One certainly can feel your love for art and creating.

Everum said...

Your blog has become my virtual classroom, offering lessons that extend beyond the screen.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...