Saturday, November 23, 2013

November 23, 2013 Writers Digest November PAD Challenge/ Sunday Whirl #136


Writer's Digest November PAD Challenge  For today’s prompt, write an “I shouldn’t be here” poem. You can decide where you shouldn’t be: maybe it’s a place, maybe it’s a time, or maybe (just maybe) it’s a state of mind. Shake yourself loose in a poem.
Where I Need to Be
In the jungle
Dark and deep...
No 
I shouldn't be here

Sailing the deep blue sea....
No 
I shouldn't be here

Flying above mountain tops....
No 
I shouldn't be here

I have no time to waste
My time is finite
I have no idea
When the end is near

Yes
I will be where I need to be
Stretch the moment to eternity


__________________________

Sunday Whirl
Prompt:  habits, create, however, virtue, regard, gap,
cycle, undoing, lessen, choice, gathering, suffering

Studio Life

Spend time in the
Studio creating

Discipline
Becomes habit

However
Time spent
"Piddling" gets you
Nowhere

Lessen chance
Of wasting time
Plan your day ahead
Then work like a well
Oiled clock


With regard to time
It can be your friend
Or it can be your enemy
It can slip away
The day gone
Just a gap in the process
If you are not mindful
It can be your undoing


Each day is a cycle
Eliminate suffering
Organize
Gather what you need
Before you begin

Time spent
In the studio
Is your choice
Good work habits 
Become your virture

Finish your day
On the downhill



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both gorgeous poems I admire your discipline and work ethic =) You are so talented!

Brian Miller said...

in the end we will be where we need to be...in the meantime, we do what need done...love....live....enjoy the trip and not let it weigh us down too much...

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...