Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013 Writers Digest Nov PAD Challenge


For today’s prompt, write a “forget what I said earlier” poem. This poem could be a response to a poem you wrote earlier in the challenge (or just earlier in general). Or it could cover one of those moments–I have them all the time–when you say something that ends up proving wrong or that you wish you’d taken back.
Forget What I Said Earlier
Yes I answered your question
With a funny response
Instead I should have said
"In significant nothingness"

For what else could it be
If it is not true
If it is not authentic
If there is no blood
At the scene
And no heart
In the creation
We can't call it art
It is.....
"In significant nothingness"

Note:  Since the prompt was "forget what I said earlier" I used the wrong word, so I really hope you will "forget what I said earlier."  I said "in significance" instead of "in significant." 

1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Cool change in usage of the word, Annell......clever!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...