Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 24, 2014 Writer's Digest Wednesday Poetry Prompts: #272 To Stay or To Go

To Go or To Stay
Should I go now or later
It was if my foot was nailed to the floor
And I would go round and round
I did not know how sick you were
Tests were being given
Results speculated on
Then more tests
And different speculations
Which required more tests
And on and on the week went
In memory the whole thing
Seems like a whirlpool
Or merry-go-round

Near the end of the week
The doctors asked to transfer the patient
To a larger hospital where he would
Be seen by his regular doctor
It was time to go
No more waiting
No more questions
What I didn’t know
Was that my going would be
The last time

Later when there is only sorrow
It is wondered where does it come from.....
Like the Sweet Texas Crude
Which is formed deep beneath the earth
From organic bodies
Sorrow is formed somewhere
Deep in the soul
Or in the DNA of the body
From old sadness’s
Maybe sadness’s from other life times
Ancient sadness’s
And sorrow can bubble up
Come forth like a gusher
Without words only sorrow
Sorrow that can drown
The one who grieves

July 24, 2014











1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yes, my friend, sorrow that can drown the one who grieves. I am so sorry.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...