Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 29, 2014 Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads/This Poem is a Lonely Room -- Mag 230/In the Museum

This Poem is a Lonely Room
This poem is a lonely room
This poem is a sigh
This poem is longing

Even in a crowded room
Your absence strong
No place for me

My sigh
Barely heard
Caught on a breeze

With longing I am
Wishing you were here
Had never gone away

This poem a crowded room
This poem quiet and lonely blue
This poem a Mother’s heart 
Filled with longing


July 29, 2014

Note:  I am a little confused, I wrote to Tuesday's post by Susie….

_______________________________________________


MAGPIE TALES FOR SUNDAY JULY 27, 2014

In the Museum
Sunday afternoon
Heels clack on the floor
The air cool
Lifeless
I search for you

Faces hanging on the wall
Objects in the cases
Behind glass
Nametags tell all
Where are you
I whisper

All by yourself
Alone on a windowsill
Brightly lit
By the sunshine
That streams through
The window
Near the stair

You are there
Only I can see
What you are to me
Spirit of a boy
Gone away
A Mother’s heart broken
I miss you everyday


July 29, 2014



July 29, 2014



4 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

These are beautiful poems expressing your grief. They are beautiful tributes to your sorrow. I am touched by your sharing them. I am so sorry for your loss.

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

your heart laments poignantly in these words

gracias for sharing

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Beautiful, heartbreaking and lovely, my friend. I love "This poem is a lonely room" and, in the second, that ray of sun lighting his urn.......so poignant. "Spirit of a boy gone away. A Mother's heart broken." Heartbreaking, Annell. A grief too great to bear, and yet you bear it with such grace.

Brian Miller said...

interesting connection between your own personal history...and the history one would find in a museum...and if they made a museum of us would they then see him...

hugs annell

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...