Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday June 6, 2010

Today promises to be hot, 91 degrees, really hot for Taos, New Mexico, a Western heat wave. The morning is hot, still and quiet, nothing moves...all is waiting.



"You like it, that's all, whether it's a landscape or abstract. You like it. It hits you. You don't have to read it. The work of art-sculpture or painting forces your eye." --Clement Greenburg

And today, I hope you like it!

Today Katherine Treffinger.blogspot.com posted my writing about the Meaning of Doing Art. Please take a look and enjoy Katherine's art while you're there. Thanks Katherine.

1 comment:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I'm surprised after all my years painting how I can find myself not knowing very much at all. I do know when I find a kindred spirit...maybe because I share your love of New Mexico's sunsets, maybe we are both scorpio and artists or maybe I just feel simply connected...I have added myself to your 'followers' list.
Enjoy your warm morning!

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...