Tuesday, November 17, 2015

November 17, 2015 Writers Digest November PAD Challenge/ Ode to Winter

Ode to Winter

the windows frosted       the sky the same color as the land        covered with snow

still it comes down lightly       little birds look for seeds            the world is quiet

bear sleeps in her den      dreaming bear dreams                         of spring

not a sound comes from the valley         the mountains have disappeared from view

i hold you from the cold      i hold you in my heart                     this marks another day

you are gone                  like the mountains                                 disappeared from view

the chores are complete        a time of rest                                   and reflection

i think of you                 my breath catches in my throat   to think this is the second winter

it is true                          you have joined all there is           and all there is reminds me of you

you will be here in my heart          spring summer and fall                        winter too



November 17, 2015




2 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Beautiful and poignant, Annell. Hard to believe this is the second winter. "You have joined all there is." I love that. Love your description of the landscape. I can picture it clearly and it is beautiful.

Jae Rose said...

Quiet pantomimes are perhaps the best - reading each piece made me think we all 'act' in someway according to the circumstances we are experiencing...reminds me of adapt or die...our minds left unoccupied can turn pantomime into tragedy so to be absorbed in something purposeful can only be good xo

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...