Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015 Writer Digest November PAD Challenge/Mistakes

Mistakes

mistakes       my life is filled with them          they are the building blocks

of my existence        right from the start         when given a choice

i made it       without too much contemplation             always selecting

what i hoped       would be the right decision      the best option

my guide             has always been                      do no harm

still          there have been some choices            that i can say were mistakes

even so        each has been an opportunity        to learn a lesson

sometimes the scenic route    has been           best for me

other times     the direct route                  some choices have turned out to be

circles within circles      each mistake or brilliant choice      has been my own

November 9, 2015









2 comments:

humbird said...

Challenge/mistakes/lessons - we can all submit under these words...Love

Sherry Blue Sky said...

You display such insight and self-awareness, Annell. This is a good poem.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...