Saturday, April 23, 2016

April 23, 2016 Writer's Digest April Challenge 2016/ To Walk in Your Shoes

To Walk in Your Shoes


yes             to walk a mile in your shoes                     such a lovely thought

unless      you want me to steal your shoes        take them while you are sleeping

like a thief in the night      or you want me to buy your shoes           either way

you will have no shoes      but if it is just a thought      and you want me to imagine

being in your place            wearing your shoes             it is almost as difficult

i honor you                          i honor your sorrow           yes i know sorrow

but knowing my sorrow     does not make it possible    for me to know your's

i do not presume to know    what you feel                      i offer my hand

and my heart to you             you will live                           until you are alive again


April 23, 2016  

1 comment:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is so compassionate and loving, my friend. Beautiful.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...