Wednesday, May 18, 2016

May 18, 2016 Writer's Digest / A Napkin to Keep

A Napkin to Keep

                       folded white
within reach
catch the drip from my lips
                                                 like a kiss
wipe my fingertips

                       made of paper
disposable
of no great value
great for picnics

                       mother's best
touch of lace
washed and starched
folded just so
used on special occasions
appear on the table
each christmas

                       in the bar
served under the glass
a note between us
a love letter
from trash
to a treasured thing
                                                a keepsake

May 18, 2016






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charming. I like it.
But I wonder just how far you'd get
If you tried to use a serviette! :)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This makes me think of my grandma's handkerchiefs, so pretty. I like the note on a napkin at the end that became a treasure.

Not Just A Cup

  Not Just a Cup       Southern born Not a tea drinker Always coffee For me   Although I often find  Bitter taste Of the dark brew A bit muc...